Detail of Scholarship:
The TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program offered for International Students. The The World Academy of Science (TWAS) provided this opportunity for International Students to study in the Italy. This scholarship provides an opportunity to complete a PhD degree-level program(s) in the field(s) of Sustainable Agriculture, Education, Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Energy, responsible growth, waste management, population growth, green chemistry, Biodiversity, plastic pollution, micro-plastic, water and hygiene at The World Academy of Science (TWAS) . Students are strongly advised to apply for this scholarship position before the last date i.e. 03/06/2023. The TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program provide Fully Funded as a scholarship benefit to the successful candidates.
The TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program is for those students who are willing to complete their PhD degree(s) in the field(s) of Sustainable Agriculture, Education, Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Energy, responsible growth, waste management, population growth, green chemistry, Biodiversity, plastic pollution, micro-plastic, water and hygiene, in the Italy on scholarship.
Short Detail of TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship Program:
|The World Academy of Science (TWAS)
|Country to Study in:
|Sustainable Agriculture, Education, Sustainable Development, Climate Change, Energy, responsible growth, waste management, population growth, green chemistry, Biodiversity, plastic pollution, micro-plastic, water and hygiene
|Last Date/Dead Line:
The TWAS-IsDB Postdoctoral Fellowship 2023 is now open for international students and offers a PhD-level program in subjects such as Sustainable Agriculture, Education, Climate Change, Energy, Biodiversity, and more, all taught at The World Academy of Science (TWAS). The application deadline is March 6, 2023.
The IsDB-TWAS Fellowship is a joint initiative by the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and TWAS that provides funding for postdoctoral researchers from developing countries to undertake research in a host institution in another developing country. The program aims to support and enhance human capital and research capacity in science and technology in these countries.
The IsDB is a multinational development bank focused on promoting economic growth and social progress in its member countries, primarily located in the Islamic world. TWAS, on the other hand, is an international organization based in Italy that supports scientific excellence and capacity building in the developing world.
The IsDB-TWAS Fellowship is a collaboration between these two organizations and provides funding for two years of research in a host institution in a developing country. The program is open to Ph.D. holders and citizens of an IsDB member country, with eligible fields including natural sciences, engineering, and technology.
The IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship offers several benefits to international students from developing countries:
- Financial assistance: The fellowship provides a generous monthly stipend to cover living expenses, research costs, and travel expenses, making it easier for low-income students to pursue postdoctoral research.
- Research opportunities: Fellows conduct research at a host institution in a developing country other than their home country, providing access to new research facilities, equipment, and expertise.
- Networking: The fellowship offers opportunities to connect with other researchers from around the world, including other IsDB-TWAS fellows and researchers at the host institution, building a professional network.
- Career growth: The program enhances research skills and knowledge, increasing chances of gaining a permanent position in academic or research institutions.
- International experience: The program allows fellows to work and live in a new country, providing valuable personal and professional growth, as well as cultural exchange.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
Applicants for IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Ph.D. degree in an area of science relevant to the research area of the Fellowship program
- Be up to 45 years of age at the time of the application
- Has preferably 5 years of experience in the field of research after the PhD
- Host Institute must be in a developing country from the list
- Provide an official acceptance letter from the Host Institute
- Be a national of and resident in an IsDB LDMC from the list provided
- Be employed at an institution in her home country
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- Applications must be submitted only online via the link at the bottom of the webpage. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
- No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Therefore, it is recommended to submit your electronic application, as early as possible
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Please note that a researcher may only submit one application at a time and for only one kind of grant or fellowship (i.e. either an IsDB-TWAS Fellowship or a TWAS Research Grant or the OWSD Early Career Women Scientists (ECWS) Fellowship).
- For any queries please write to [email protected]