In a bid to support and recognize high-achieving students in New Zealand, Lincoln University has unveiled the BK Otway Education Foundation Doctoral Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024. This scholarship program is a golden opportunity for New Zealand students pursuing a Doctor of Philosophy degree at Lincoln University.
About Lincoln University
Situated in the scenic beauty of New Zealand, Lincoln University came into existence in 1990 after gaining independence from the University of Canterbury, formerly known as Lincoln College, Canterbury. This dynamic institution has attracted a global student community, with representation from over 60 countries, offering a diverse and inclusive learning environment.
Why Choose Lincoln University?
Studying at Lincoln University promises a unique blend of academic excellence and a welcoming, international community. Specializing in agricultural and environmental sciences, as well as business and management programs, Lincoln offers students hands-on learning opportunities and research prospects. The campus's tranquil setting in the heart of New Zealand's South Island enhances the overall educational experience, making it an attractive choice for those seeking a comprehensive education in a beautiful environment.
|University or Organization||Lincoln University|
|Course Level||Doctoral program|
|Award||$35,000 stipend plus tuition fees|
|Access Mode||Offline or by email|
|Number of Awards||One|
|Application Deadline||October 1, 2023|
|Scholarship Location||New Zealand|
Who Can Apply?
These scholarships are available exclusively to New Zealand students. To be eligible, applicants must have at least a conditional offer of entry into the Doctor of Philosophy program at Lincoln University. Additional eligibility criteria include:
- Applicants must be New Zealand Citizens or Permanent Residents.
- The BK Otway Education Foundation supports postgraduate study and research in the area of Sustainable land management in Agriculture or Horticulture.
How to Apply
To apply for the scholarships, prospective students need to follow these steps:
- Take admission to the Doctoral program at Lincoln University.
- Complete the application form and return it to the Scholarships Office.
- You can either email, post, or deliver your application to the following addresses:
- Email Address: [email protected]
- Postal Address: Scholarships Office, Lincoln University, PO Box 85084, Lincoln 7647
- Physical Address: Ground Floor George Forbes Memorial Building, Lincoln University
Supporting documents required with the scholarship application:
- Statement of the research topic (approximately half to one page in length)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A copy of the Lincoln University admission letter
For further inquiries, you can contact the Scholarships Office at 03 423 0000.
To gain admission, students must have:
- At least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- 12 credits from a previous college or university.
- Photocopies of all tertiary qualifications, including the grading system and graduation certificates for each qualification obtained, other than those studied at Lincoln University.
For students whose first language is not English, it's mandatory to demonstrate proficiency in English. This can be achieved by submitting satisfactory scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
The BK Otway Education Foundation Doctoral Scholarship is valued at up to $35,000, which includes a stipend and covers tuition fees.
This prestigious scholarship presents a remarkable opportunity for New Zealand students to further their education and research at Lincoln University. Don't miss out on this chance to enhance your academic journey. Apply now!