Detail of Scholarship:
The PhD Scholarship Program, University of Zurich offered for International. The University of Zurich provided this opportunity for International to study in the Switzerland. This scholarship provides an opportunity to complete a PhD degree-level program(s) in the field(s) of Economics, Financial Economics, Corporate Finance, Mathematical Finance, and Econometrics at University of Zurich. Students are strongly advised to apply for this scholarship position before the last date i.e. March 31st, 2023. The PhD Scholarship Program, University of Zurich provide 2500 CHF per month as a scholarship benefit to the successful candidates.
The PhD Scholarship Program, University of Zurich is for those students who are willing to complete their PhD degree(s) in the field(s) of Economics, Financial Economics, Corporate Finance, Mathematical Finance, and Econometrics, in the Switzerland on scholarship.
Short Detail of PhD Scholarship Program, University of Zurich:
|University of Zurich
|Country to Study in:
|Economics, Financial Economics, Corporate Finance, Mathematical Finance, and Econometrics
|2500 CHF per month
|Last Date/Dead Line:
|March 31st, 2023
Applications are now being accepted for the Ph.D. Scholarship Program at the University of Zurich, which will educate the following generation of financial academics. The goal of this program is to pursue academic achievement.
The Ph.D. program has a global focus and seeks to draw the top candidates from both Switzerland and abroad. The Program provides the best setting for fruitful and motivating Ph.D. study in finance.
- Most accepted students are granted admission with a stipend of about 2500 CHF per month. This amount is more than enough for a student to live in Zurich.
- Due to the limited number of fully-funded positions, the University encourages candidates to apply for the first round deadline (January 15th).
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The granted will result in a Ph.D. award. Economics, financial economics, corporate finance, mathematical finance, and econometrics are only a few of the topics covered by the program. All courses are instructed by highly recognized scholars from Switzerland, Europe, and North Ame.
Admissible Criteria: The applicants must fulfill each of the requirements below in order to be eligible:
A strong command of both spoken and written English extremely developed soft skills, and honed presenting skills are requirements for applicants.
For applicants with degrees from non-bologna countries or in subjects other than economics, finance, or business administration, a GMAT or GRE is necessary
.strong base knowledge of mathematics.
a graduate degree, ideally in finance or economics (though computer science, mathematics, physics, statistics, or related fields might be considered)
Within the context of the Ph.D. program, students select their advisers after beginning the Program in the first year of studies.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
The admission for application as visiting doctoral student (up to one year) is competitive.
- How to Apply: Applicants must contact Ph.D. Program Coordinator Mrs. Sarah Wikus at [email protected].
- Supporting Documents: Pre-selection of candidates is based on the submitted application file, including a copy of an application dossier (CV, academic transcripts, GMAT/GRE Test score, detailed research proposal, and indication of potential advisors at the Department). Also, submit outstanding letters of recommendation from at least two professors from the school where you finished your most relevant degree.
- Admission Requirements: GMAT or GRE is recommended for all applicants. Applicants need a Master of Science in Finance or Economics degree deemed equivalent by the local Admission Committee, composed of finance professors from the University of Zurich.
- Language Requirement: The working language of the Program is English. For non-native English speakers, applicants may submit their results of a standardized English test, such as the TOEFL, which has to be at least 7.0.