Detail of Scholarship:
The PhD Scholarships offered for domestic students. The University of Exeter Business School provided this opportunity for domestic students to study in the UK. This scholarship provides an opportunity to complete a PhD degree-level program(s) in the field(s) of Economics at University of Exeter Business School. Students are strongly advised to apply for this scholarship position before the last date i.e. 31st March 2023. The PhD Scholarships provide Annual total (i.e., remuneration + stipend): £21,789.60 as a scholarship benefit to the successful candidates.
The PhD Scholarships is for those students who are willing to complete their PhD degree(s) in the field(s) of Economics, in the UK on scholarship.
Short Detail of PhD Scholarships:
Institute Name: University of Exeter Business School.
Country to Study in: UK.
Courses Offered: Economics.
Degree Level: PhD.
Students Nationality: domestic students.
Scholarship Award: Annual total (i.e., remuneration + stipend): £21,789.60.
Last Date/Dead Line: 31st March 2023.
The University of Exeter Business School Scholarships has recently launched for Black British researchers pursuing advanced degrees in Economics. This MRes + PhD Scholarship is designed to support eligible candidates with £21,789.60 to cover their academic expenses. The scholarship program aims to address the underrepresentation of Black British researchers in the field of Economics and provide them with access to resources and research opportunities. In this article, we will discuss the scholarship program in detail, including eligibility criteria, the application process, and the impact of the scholarship on Black British researchers pursuing advanced degrees in Economics.
Overview of Scholarship
The University of Exeter Business School MRes + PhD Scholarships in Economics for Black British Researchers is open to domestic students only. Eligible candidates must hold a first or upper-second-class undergraduate degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area. They must also demonstrate academic excellence and the potential for research excellence. The scholarship program covers full tuition fees and provides a stipend of £15,609.60 per year for up to four years.
Benefits of the Scholarship Program
The scholarship program offers various benefits for recipients, such as financial support, access to resources and research opportunities, and mentorship. The financial support provided by the scholarship program enables recipients to focus on their academic and research pursuits without worrying about the financial burden. Additionally, recipients of the scholarship program have access to the University of Exeter's resources and research facilities, including world-class libraries and research centres. The scholarship program also provides mentorship opportunities through academic and research staff at the University of Exeter Business School, allowing recipients to receive guidance and support throughout their academic journey.
About the University of Exeter Business School
A renowned business institution in the UK is the University of Exeter Business School. It belongs to the University of Exeter, one of the top 1% of universities in the world. The business school offers numerous undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degree programmes in a variety of subjects, including accounting, finance, economics, management, and marketing. It is renowned for its excellent research, top-notch instruction, and close ties to the local business and academic communities. Renowned academics and authorities in their fields make up the school's faculty, which is dedicated to giving students a demanding and engaging learning environment.
Impact of the Scholarship Program on Black British Researchers
The scholarship program has had a significant impact on Black British researchers pursuing advanced degrees in Economics. The program has provided them with access to resources and research opportunities that were previously unavailable to them. The scholarship program has also helped to address the underrepresentation of Black British researchers in the field of Economics, promoting diversity and inclusion in the academic community. Previous recipients of the scholarship program have reported that it has helped them to overcome financial barriers and pursue their academic and research interests without the added stress of financial burden.
The University of Exeter Business School MRes + PhD Scholarships in Economics for Black British Researchers is an excellent opportunity for eligible candidates to pursue advanced degrees in Economics with financial support and access to resources and research opportunities. The scholarship program has had a significant impact on Black British researchers, promoting diversity and inclusion in the academic community. Eligible candidates are encouraged to apply for the scholarship program and take advantage of the potential benefits for their research and career.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
- Applicants must identify as Black (Black or Black British African, Black or Black British Caribbean, Black or Black British other or Mixed Black or Black British).
- They must be UK students with ‘Home’ tuition fee status.
- They must be applying for full-time study at the MRes-PhD level.
- Applicants must have one of the following ethnicities: Black African, Black Caribbean, Black Other, Mixed – White and Black Caribbean, Mixed – White and Black African, or Another mixed background (to include Black African, Black Caribbean, or Black Other).
- Candidates must meet the PhD entry criteria.
- The scholarship program is highly competitive and aims to support the most outstanding Black British researchers in Economics.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
- Apply to your preferred course of study through the university’s online portal.
- To be considered for this award, complete and submit the online scholarship application form.
- A 750-word essay explaining (1) why you are applying for the scholarship, (2) why you are a suitable recipient of the scholarship, and (3) your expectations for the MRes + PhD in your chosen pathway.
- A CV of no more than two pages.
- Official transcripts or certified copies of university grades from all past degrees.
- Two academic reference letters (one must be from your most recent institution).
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline with a final grade in the top 10% of your graduating class.
- Most incoming students also hold a Master’s degree.
- If applicable, a valid, original Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), or Cambridge scores report.