Detail of Scholarship:
The BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarship 2023 offered for International Students. The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences(BIGSSS) provided this opportunity for International Students to study in the Germany. This scholarship provides an opportunity to complete a PhD degree-level program(s) in the field(s) of Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion at Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences(BIGSSS). Students are strongly advised to apply for this scholarship position before the last date i.e. 23 Jan 2023. The BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarship 2023 provide Fully Funded as a scholarship benefit to the successful candidates.
The BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarship 2023 is for those students who are willing to complete their PhD degree(s) in the field(s) of Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion, in the Germany on scholarship.
Short Detail of BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarship 2023 :
|Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences(BIGSSS)
|Country to Study in:
|Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion
|Last Date/Dead Line:
|23 Jan 2023
International Students are welcome to apply for the FULLY FUNDED BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Program 2023. The fellowship enables students to enroll in PhD-level courses at Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) in the area of global dynamics of social policy and social cohesion. The scholarship application deadline is January 23, 2023.
A fully financed Ph.D. scholarship is available through the BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Program 2023, which is sponsored by the DAAD and the BIGSSS (Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences). Up to January 23, 2023, interested scholars may submit applications for two Ph.D. scholarships under the BIGSSS-DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Program Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion (GSPSC). German Academic Exchange Service’s (DAAD) Graduate School Scholarship Program (GSSP) is a financial program.
The German Academic Exchange System (DAAD), aims to increase the number of foreign Ph.D. candidates within German-organized graduate education. It is aimed at German higher education institutions that provide Ph.D. applicants with funding for up to four years of study in a structured foreign program. Direct applications for Ph.D. applicants are accepted at some institutions, including BIGSSS.
The Scholarship Programme is providing the following benefits:
a monthly stipend of 1,200 EUR for a maximum of 48 months, a monthly stipend of 1,200 EUR for a maximum of 48 months additional travel funds for research trips and stays abroad, full medical insurance, combined liability and accident insurance, support for research costs, as needed and applicable, additional family allowances (such as rent), and a German language course at Bremen.
Requirements Criteria for Scholarship:
Applicants for the GSPSC Ph.D. program must meet the eligibility criteria for the BIGSSS Regular Ph.D. program and for the DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Programme.
- You are an international applicant, proficient in the English language (speaking & writing, proof of C1-level English language skills or the equivalent).
- You must not have resided in Germany any time after February 1, 2022.
- Your MA degree must be completed and the validation of the degree must be available by May 15, 2023, which means you may apply before having finished your MA degree.
- At the time of application, your last final exam must have taken place no longer than 6 years ago.
- You have an excellent MA degree (or national equivalents) in Sociology, Political Science, Psychology or related social science disciplines e.g. Law, Economics or Media Sciences.
- Your dissertation project is in the field “Global Dynamics of Social Policy and Social Cohesion” aligns with the research focus of one or several of our program PIs.
How to Apply for Scholarship:
In order to apply, a candidate must first submit an application to BIGSSS and then, if they were successful in the BIGSSS evaluation process, submit an application to the DAAD. Applications will be evaluated by a committee at BIGSSS made up of faculty, program directors, and fellow representatives. Candidates will be chosen for nomination to the DAAD’s final selection process based on the quality of their applications.
1ST STAGE: BIGSSS APPLICATION & SELECTION PERIOD
- You must submit your application electronically via our online admissions system (you may have to create an account first).
- Ensure that you select “Apply for BIGSSS Ph.D. Program”. Otherwise, your application will not arrive at BIGSSS and cannot be considered.
- Consider the list of documents required for application below.
- Only documents in PDF format are accepted (you can use a free version of PDFCreator).
REVIEW & SELECTION PERIOD
- As soon as the call is closed, all eligible applications are reviewed.
- Shortlisted candidates will be informed by the beginning of April and invited for interviews.
- Interviews are planned for late April / early May. The interviews will take place online.
2ND STAGE: DAAD NOMINATIONS
- After interviews have taken place, BIGSSS will nominate four candidates (including two waiting list slots) to the DAAD.
- Only successful candidates have to apply again with the DAAD. Successful candidates will be informed by BIGSSS by mid-May.