Are you an international student looking for a world-class education and financial assistance to make it happen? Look no further than Queen’s University Belfast! The university is offering £5,000 scholarships to eligible international students who wish to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate degrees at the institution. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the scholarships and how to apply for them.
Overview of Queen’s University Belfast
Queen’s University Belfast is a prestigious public research university located in Northern Ireland. It was founded in 1845 and has since become one of the top universities in the UK and Ireland. The university offers a wide range of academic programs across various faculties, including Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences; Engineering and Physical Sciences; Medicine, Health and Life Sciences; and the Queen’s University Management School.
Description of the International Scholarships
The international scholarships available at Queen’s University Belfast provide financial assistance to non-EU international students who are starting their studies in the academic year 2023-2024. The scholarship is worth £5,000 and will be awarded to successful applicants for one year of study. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Be classified as an international student (non-EU)
- Be applying for a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate course at Queen’s University Belfast, excluding courses offered by the Queen's University Management School
- Meet the English language requirements for their chosen course
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarships or funding that covers tuition fees or living costs
Benefits of Studying at Queen’s University Belfast
Studying at Queen’s University Belfast provides numerous benefits for international students. The university has a strong reputation for academic excellence, with world-class research facilities and renowned faculty members. In addition, students have access to a range of support services, including academic and personal tutoring, study skills development, and mental health support.
The university also has a vibrant student community, with over 200 clubs and societies to choose from, as well as regular events and activities. This makes it easy for international students to make new friends and get involved in campus life.
How to Apply for the International Scholarships
To apply for the international scholarships at Queen’s University Belfast, follow these steps:
- Choose a course: Decide which undergraduate or postgraduate course you want to apply for at Queen’s University Belfast. Make sure that the course is eligible for the scholarship.
- Apply for admission: Submit an application for admission to the university through the online portal. You will need to provide your academic transcripts, English language test results, and other supporting documents as required by the university.
- Apply for the scholarship: Complete the scholarship application form and submit it to the university before the deadline. You will need to provide a personal statement outlining why you should be considered for the scholarship, as well as any other relevant information.
Application Deadline and Notification Process
The deadline for applications for international scholarships at Queen’s University Belfast is 31 May 2023. Successful applicants will be notified by email in July 2023. If you are offered the scholarship, you must accept the offer within two weeks.
Queen’s University Belfast offers an excellent opportunity for international students to receive financial assistance while pursuing their academic goals. The £5,000 scholarships are a testament to the university's commitment to providing access to higher education for students from all over the world. If you meet the eligibility criteria, we encourage you to apply for the scholarship and take advantage of all that Queen’s University Belfast has to offer.
Don't miss this opportunity to receive financial assistance to pursue your academic goals at Queen's University Belfast. If you are an international student who meets the eligibility criteria, apply for the £5,000 scholarship now and take the first step towards an outstanding education. The deadline for applications is 31 May 2023, so don't wait any longer. Apply Now and join the ranks of Queen's University Belfast's accomplished alumni.