The Mitacs Globalink Scholarships are a great opportunity for international students who are interested in pursuing research in various fields. The scholarship offers a CAD $6,000 award, half of which will be funded by Globalink, and the other half must come from an external source. Students can choose to conduct their research at the University of Montreal, one of the top universities in Canada, and gain valuable research experience in their respective fields.
The scholarship is open to graduate students and postdoctoral fellows who come from eligible countries and have a supervising professor at their home university and another at the University of Montreal. The research stay should be for a period of 12 to 24 weeks, and the applicants must ensure that they meet all the eligibility criteria before applying. With no deadline to apply, this scholarship offers students the flexibility to plan their research stay according to their schedule.
• University or Organization: University of Montreal
• Subjects Offered: Administration, Management, Planning, Arts, Music, Communication, Law, Economics, Politics, Teaching and education sciences, Environment and sustainable development, Literature, Languages, Life Sciences, Health Sciences, Human Sciences, Pure Sciences, Applied Sciences, Social Sciences, Social Sciences: intervention, Information and Communications Technology, Theology and Religious Studies.
• Degree Level: Research
• Award: CAD $6,000
• Nationality of students: International students
• Study in: Canada
• Application Deadline: No deadline. Applications can be submitted at any time
The Mitacs Globalink Scholarships is a research scholarship program for international students to study at the University of Montreal in Canada. The scholarship offers a CAD $6,000 award and is open to students from a wide range of academic subjects, including arts, sciences, and economics. There is no deadline to apply, and applicants must meet eligibility criteria, including being a foreign student and having a supervising professor at both their home university and the University of Montreal. Supporting documents, including language requirements, must be submitted with the online application.
Benefits of Mitacs Globalink Scholarships:
The Mitacs Globalink Scholarships offer a range of benefits to international students. Apart from the CAD $6,000 award, students can gain valuable research experience in their respective fields at the University of Montreal, which is known for its research excellence. The scholarship also provides students with the opportunity to build connections with professors and researchers at the University of Montreal and gain exposure to different cultures.
The University of Montreal is a leading research institution in Canada, with over 67,000 students from around the world. It is known for its research excellence in various fields, including administration and management, arts and music, communication, economics and politics, health sciences, human sciences, and more. The University of Montreal is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive learning environment and offers students access to state-of-the-art facilities and resources to support their academic and research pursuits.
To be eligible for the Mitacs Globalink Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a foreign student
- Be a graduate of the 1st cycle or enrolled in graduate studies or a postdoctoral fellow
- Come from a university establishment or a university-level research centre in one of the eligible countries
- Ensure that the research stay at the University of Montreal is for a period of 12 to 24 weeks
- Have a supervising professor at their home university and another at the University of Montreal
- The research stay cannot begin before the acceptance of the Globalink research grant
- Coming for a research stay only. Tuition, literature review, and thesis writing are not eligible activities.
To apply for the Mitacs Globalink Scholarships, applicants must submit an online application and upload the required documents through the Centre étudiant. The required documents include identity, residence status in Canada, previous studies, knowledge of French, letters of recommendation, and language certification. Applicants must also meet the admission criteria and have a GPA of 3.3 out of 4.3 to be eligible for admission to graduate programs at the University of Montreal.
We highly encourage eligible international students to apply for the Mitacs Globalink Scholarships at the University of Montreal, Canada. This scholarship offers a great opportunity for students to conduct research in various fields such as administration, arts, economics, health sciences, and more. The scholarship provides CAD $6,000 in funding and there is no deadline for submitting applications. The eligibility criteria include being 18 years of age or older, a graduate of the first cycle or enrolled in graduate studies or a postdoctoral fellowship, and having a supervising professor at both the home university and the University of Montreal. Don’t miss this chance to advance your research and academic goals.