The Flinders University PhD Scholarship 2023 in Science and Engineering is an incredible opportunity for aspiring scholars to pursue their academic dreams. This prestigious scholarship offers a tax-free stipend of $40,000 per annum for up to 3.5 years, and a Research Training Program Fee Offset Scholarship to cover tuition fees for Australian and New Zealand citizens, as well as permanent residents. The scholarship is open to domestic students with skills in mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering, and/or earth sciences. Several projects are available studying physical and chemical issues associated with water movement through heterogeneous geological materials.
The scholarship recipients will be allowed to work under the supervision of experienced and reputable researchers at Flinders University, which is known for its excellence in research and innovation. This is a great chance for students to enhance their skills and knowledge while being a part of an intellectually stimulating academic community.
Benefits of PhD Scholarship
The Benefits of the Flinders University PhD Scholarship 2023 in Science and Engineering are enormous. The scholarship provides a tax-free stipend of $40,000 per annum for up to 3.5 years, allowing recipients to focus on their research without financial worries. In addition, the scholarship covers tuition fees for Australian and New Zealand citizens, as well as permanent residents, through a Research Training Program Fee Offset Scholarship. This scholarship will enable students to focus solely on their research and achieve academic excellence without the burden of tuition fees.
About Flinders University
Flinders University is a public research university located in Adelaide, South Australia. It is a member of the prestigious Australian Technology Network of universities and is ranked in the top 2% of universities worldwide. The university is recognized for its excellence in research and innovation, and its College of Science and Engineering Department is highly regarded in the field of science and engineering. Flinders University is committed to providing its students with an intellectually stimulating environment and opportunities to engage in cutting-edge research.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD Scholarship
- Applicants must be Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, or permanent residents.
- Applicants must have skills in mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering, and/or earth sciences.
- Applicants must be available to commence as full-time PhD students at Flinders University in semester 2, 2023.
- Applicants must meet PhD admission requirements, including having an Australian Honours degree Class 1 or 2A or equivalent qualification, or evidence of equivalent research experiences.
- Submit an Expression of Interest via email at [email protected].
- Include a cover letter, addressed to Prof. Peter Cook, summarizing your research experience and referring to this project call.
- Attach a curriculum vitae and academic transcripts.
- Submit a research proposal of approximately 500 words in length.
- Attach a summary of your research experience, including details of any publications, research grants, or employment experience relevant to your proposed research project.
- Apply with supporting documentation to the contact person listed on the individual scholarship webpage.
- 21 April 2023 is the application deadline.